Friday, October 22, 2004

Interesting

I have been asking Patterson for a few weeks now if he would be able to come up here this weekend so he can meet Cop and BBQ with us. Excuse #1 was his car, he needs to get it fixed, and doesn't have the money, so he can't drive up here. So I told him I'd get him a train ticket, excuse #2 was that he had that job interview yesterday and he didn't know when he was going to have to start, could be this weekend. That didn't happen, so I asked him again. Excuse #3 was he was waiting to hear from his niece's dad to see if he could take her out this weekend. Negative. So now this became more of a game to me see how many excuses he could come up with, and I didn't really care if he came or not anymore. So negative on the niece thing, so I asked him again. Well, now that he went to the Dr. he has this medicine that he was given for his back, he took it yesterday and is still "out of it" today. So he doesn't think it's a good idea to travel today. I was like ok, well how about tomorrow morning then? This is just comedy to me at this point. He says, "well, my grandpa has a Dr's appointment on Sunday and I need to be here to take care of my Grandma for him." I was like wow, a Dr appointment on Sunday? He's really lucky to have the only Doctor, probably in the country, that schedules appointments on Sundays. So whatever, obviously for whatever reason he doesn't want to come. Which is fine. I'm over it. So I was like alright cool, this is my last weekend in Sacramento, I'm going out! = ) So tonight I'm going out with some people I used to hang out with a lot when I first moved here, they're so much fun! One of them asked to take me to lunch today, so I was on the phone with Patterson and I totally flipped the script on him. He's always the one to get off the phone with me first. Today, I told him "woops, I have to go, a friend is taking me to lunch. I'll talk to you later." So he got hit with a double whammy, one, that a "friend" is taking me to lunch which leaves a lot of mystery, and two i NEVER say I'll talk to you later, I ALWAYS say something like... i'll call you when I get back, or I'll call you in an hour. So he was totally thrown off guard. I hung up and went to lunch with my friend, while we're eating, he calls and leaves a message. Then on the way back he calls again, so I pick up he acts sweet as ever "Hi baby, what are you doin?" I was like, I told you I was going to lunch. He goes "Oh! That's right, this damn medicine is messing with my head. Anyway, I just called to tell you I miss you..." Then he starts small talk. I was like "Hey, I'm still with my friend right now and I'm being rude by being on the phone. I'll talk to you later." He goes "Oh, um, ok. I'll call you in like an hour or so then. I love you." About an hour later he calls and tells me he might be able to come for the weekend. I was like "Don't worry about it babe, you stay home and take your medicine and take care of your grandma. You never know if your job, or your niece's dad may call, so you should stay home and wait for that too, plus it's really not safe for you to travel while you're taking those pills. So you just stay home." He goes, "Well, what are you going to do?" I told him I have plans to go out, and the BBQ and stuff. All stuff he shouldn't be doing while he's on the medicine anyway, so it's good that he has so much stuff going on at home so he can stay there and take care of everything. I could tell that really bothered him. But ask me if I give a fuck. Then I told him I had to go so I can finish up at work and go to Happy Hour. He was like "Happy Hour? Um, ok. Have fun I guess. When will you call me?" I told him I wasn't sure, but if he doesn't hear from me until tomorrow or Sunday don't worry because I'll just be in and out and really busy all weekend. He was pissed, but couldn't say a damn thing, so he goes "Ok, well, be careful... I'm gonna miss you, I love you." HHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAAHAH! Payback's a bitch! Today is good, today is very very good.

4 Comments:

At 4:45 PM , Blogger Ms. K said...

haha, this is exactly how you're supposed to play the game!!! this is funny to me actually because my stupid kevin is doing the exact same thing all of a sudden. three weeks ago when i was super into him and i wanted to hang out and get to know him better... i was actually starting to care for him and what does he do? he turns into a total dick, stops calling, gets annoyed with my calls and text messages, etc.

i start to get over him and move on and all that and what happens? he suddenly reappears, all interested and dying to hang out. wtf???

so i've been playing the game. sounding uninterested as best i can, being busy, etc. and right now i have the upper hand. weird, huh?

anyway, have a fun celebratory weekend! keep us updated on how many times patterson calls to check up on how much fun you're having without him! :)

 
At 5:59 AM , Blogger J said...

BRAVO, kiddo.
But be careful on this one. Take it from someone wo knows. I know you're getting serious about Patty (yes, I'm calling him fucking Patty now and you can't stop me). Playing mind games like that is a dangerous thing IF he's got half a brain. If not...then don't worry about it and "GAME ON".

But,if he's like me...which I HIGHLY DOUBT... he'll try to get you back later. That's where patience comes in. Start fucking with me and I wont get you back today. I wont get you back tomorrow. I'll wait. Maybe a month. THEN I'll get you back after you forgot about what games you were playing.
I don't see Patty as being that type though, now that I think about it.

So....fuck 'em.
Play him like a game of Twister!

Older brother from another mother,
Jamie

 
At 10:11 AM , Blogger EIizabeth said...

HAHA! Anna, that's awesome! Feels good doesn't it? He thought I was playin until he called last night and I was getting ready at like 10:30. He was like, you're going out THIS late? Who's going? Where do you know them from? How many guys and girls are going? Where are you going? Are you going to be good? Are you going to drink? I was like "you know what, if you don't think I can go out with my friends for one night without cheating on you, we shouldn't be together." He goes "No, I think you can, it's just... well... based on things that have happened to me in the past I don't know what to think." I was like well, this isn't the past, this is now... and if you don't trust me I don't want to be with you. He goes "I trust you, I trust you, you've just never gone out like this since you've been with me." Then I turned the guilt trip on ; ) I was like "This is my last weekend, here. I'm not going to sit here home alone just because you gave me every bullshit excuse in the book why you can't come here. I'm going out, like it or not." That definitely shut him up. And Jamie, he's definitely not the brightest star in the sky, and absolutely NOTHING like you. So, I'm not worried in the least.

 
At 1:55 PM , Blogger Ms. K said...

he's "one chicken mcnugget short of a happy meal!"

haha. some kid said that in high school and it's been an inside joke ever since... but i think it's a good way to describe some people.

and it's a good thing you did go out because if you hadn't then, then your last few nights in sacramento would always be memories of being on the phone with him instead of going out and having a good time. this would suck especially if things don't end up working out with him, ya know what i mean? besides, i really think if someone cares about you, they will want you to be happy wherever you are, whatever you're doing, not just when you are with them.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home