Monday, December 20, 2004

Bah Humbug

Ok, I need all of your help. My siblings and I are all doing this stupid god damn gift exchange for Christmas. We each draw a name and we have to buy a gift for that person for a minimum of $50. I drew my brother Paul (the one that got the ugly sweater for his birthday), I don't have a freakin clue to what get him. I'm just stressed about it because everyone is making a huge deal about it and putting all this pressure on everyone to get the perfect gift. So because I keep in the most contact with everyone... every single person called me and said "Hey, can you spy for me and find out what I should get so and so?" So I did, I gave every person that asked me at least 3 options of things I know their person would want. Now everyone is done but me, which is great, I'm glad I could help and know that everyone will be really happy with what they got... however, now I still have to buy Paul a gift and I'm totally clueless on what to get him. So, i ask his stupid girlfriend and she goes "get him a cd or something". I ask my brother Jeff, and he goes "I don't know, get him a paintbrush." I ask my oldest sister Serena and she says "I have no clue." Thanks fuckers! So, I finally decide to try to spy for myself and Paul won't say shit. He keeps telling me not to get him a gift because I need to save my money since I don't have a job. UGH! So, this is where you guys come in. I need ideas. Here's a little about him.
>He's an artist, mostly abstract. Paints on all sizes of canvases with all different kinds of paint. Last year my brother Jeff bought him a huge canvas for Christmas.

>He loves music. He taught himself how to play guitar, and records his own songs on his computer.
>He loves to cook, but I can't really think of much I could get him in that regard that he doesn't already have. I am considering getting him a fondue set because I've heard him talk a little about it before, but I'm not sure if that's something he's really like.
>He has a really crazy (and expensive) taste in clothes. He's really trendy, and loves to stand out.
>He loves sports, but has never been into sports paraphinalia (or however you spell it, bare with me I'm tired!)

Ok, that's all I can think of right now... someone, please help!

3 Comments:

At 6:21 AM , Blogger J said...

I think I can help you if you'd like...but I can't do it on such short notice.
Check your email

 
At 8:43 AM , Blogger Bent Fabric said...

Hmmm...a nice paintbrush might not be a bad idea. Or a gift certificate to one of those art supply stores.

As for cooking, dunno if he watches the food network but the personalities on there a al Rachel Ray, Emeril, have wonderful books out.

When all else fails, go generic like photo albums or a picture frame. I hate getting these but that's because I'm too lazy to find pictures to put in them. In other words, they give me work.

Good luck! :)

 
At 9:14 AM , Blogger nita said...

you can get some awesome deals on designer clothes on ebay....or one gift that i was surprised *i* liked so much was a box full of picture frames. not too expensive right now, especially at the box stores and then a small gift certificate to dotphoto.com. they're the best.

or else...ear plugs for the ipod with the promise of and ipod if you draw him for the next 4 years...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home