Monday, December 06, 2004

Quality Time

Today I decided that I am not going to let this negative crap control my life, so I got up early, took a shower, ate a healthy breakfast, did some pilates (ouch!), and took the dog for a walk. After that I came home to look for a job, then my oldest brother called and said he was on his way to pick me up to get me out of the house for a while, which I definitely appreciated. We went to a few antique stores, which I had never really done, but he taught me a lot about all that stuff, so it was cool. Then we went to lunch and sat and talked for almost two hours. It was really nice. He's a lot different than the brother I live with, he's really supportive and understanding and never critical or negative. Right now he's really trying to help me feel better about my life and the direction it's going, whereas all i hear from my other brother is "Do you have a job yet? Get a job! Did you get a job today?" I could understand him acting this way if I was totally mooching off of him, but I'm not. I pay for everything for myself, and do all the fuckin chores around his house, including taking care of his dog, and running their errands. So, spending the day with my other brother was definitely a breath of fresh air. I'm doing to spend Thursday and Friday night with him, so I'm excited to get away for a couple days.

I've been talking to Mama's Boy quite a bit lately, and his mom even e-mailed me. I haven't talked to her in almost 3 years so that was really weird. He's really gotten his sh!t together, and seems like he's changed for the better. I know he'll want to see me when I go home for Christmas, but I'm kind of nervous about where that will lead. I was with him for 2 years, and he's the only man that has ever truly had my heart. He still does have a piece of it, and I think he always will. That's why I'm nervous to see him again. I managed to avoid him completely on my last trip, but we've been talking pretty much every day now and I don't know if I can do it again. We'll see I guess.

1 Comments:

At 5:33 AM , Blogger J said...

Give us the skinny on him again, please.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home