Friday, February 11, 2005

Let me be single!

Why do people always feel like they have to hook a single person up with someone they know??? How often does that actually work out? Really, I'd like to know the odds because I know they're pretty low. I never try to hook people up unless they ask me too, well, with the exception of Marine. But honestly... I have the newlywed trying to hook me up with her husband's co-worker, then this lady today at work was showing me pictures of her brother and trying to hook me up with him, then this OTHER lady at work was trying to hook me up with one of our other co-workers. She has been telling me about him for the past week or so. She told me he works downstairs, that he's really nice, totally down to earth, and a model, actually he's been featured in Playgirl. Then she proceeds to bring up a website with pictures of him on it, both regular and nude! I was like whoa! what the...??? Am I really looking at nude pictures of my co-worker at work?? So, I was like oh, that's great, sounds like a cool guy. Then went back to my desk. On Monday morning I walk in the building and guess who's sitting at the front desk? Playgirl, actually we'll call him Playboy (because calling him playgirl is just weird). I hadn't met him yet, and he caught me totally off guard because when I saw him all I could think of was his bare ass (none of the pictures on that site showed any more than that). So, of course, it was awkward so I just smiled and went upstairs. The next morning the same thing happened, this time I smiled and waved, and went upstairs. Then, today, I'm sitting at my desk working away when I see him walk around the corner. He starts making small talk with my co-worker (the one who was telling me about him), then she goes "Oh, you haven't met Elizabeth have you? Elizabeth, this is Playboy. Playboy, Elizabeth." He came over to shake my hand, we both smile and say the usual "Nice to meet you." He made a little bit of small talk, just asking how I like it so far, blah blah blah... then said he would see me later, and went back downstairs. As soon as he left, my co-worker whips around in her chair and was like "You know, he came up here just so I would introduce you to him. So... what do you think? Isn't he cute? Do you like him???" Oh lord. Here we go. I told her yes, he's very good looking, and seems really nice, and left it at that. Then later I hear her talking to the b!tches and saying "I introduced Playboy to Elizabeth, I think they're going to go out." Which is EXACTLY what I'm trying to avoid. Office gossip. In reality, he is extremely good looking, and has a perfect body, but he isn't my type at all. You guys have seen what I like. He just looks too much like a male model, too pretty. And I definitely don't ever want a guy that I will have to fight with for bathroom mirror time in the morning. So, he's good office eye candy, but that's about it.

Chester and I are still e-mailing back and forth all day, then he calls me at night. He asked me to be his Valentine today, I told him I'd have to review my list of offers and get back to him. haha! He's been so sweet lately, but I can't tell if he's genuine or just telling me what he knows I want to hear. He's a lot different, and a lot more open this time around. I have his phone number now, he told me exactly where he lives (which is actually only a couple blocks from my mom), he told me he wants me to meet his daughters when I get back. He's just been saying a lot of stuff he's never said before, and being a lot more open with me. I think one of my biggest faults though is that time heals almost all wounds for me. So someone can hurt me, then I won't talk to them for how ever many months or years and when I come in contact with them again it's like I forget everything bad that happened and only remember the good which makes myself totally vulnerable to being hurt again. So... I have no idea what to do with this situation. He's hurt me twice, is the 3rd time the charm??? I was talking to First about it today, but then we both had to go so he said he'd give me his opinion on the situation on Monday. He's always very honest, and gives great advice so I'm anxious to hear what he has to say.

1 Comments:

At 5:57 PM , Blogger EIizabeth said...

Thank you, P! You're exactly right!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home