Thursday, February 24, 2005

The girl who cried wolf...

I don't talk much about my younger sister, Lynn because... well, i love her to death, but she drives me absolutely crazy. We have pretty much nothing in common. She's 20, a sophomore in college, in a sorority, lives at the sorority house, and basically she lives in her own little world where she truly believes everything revolves around her. She's one of those "Enough about me. What do YOU think of me???" kind of girls. Oh my god she drives me insane. She goes to college in NM, but where she is is about 3-4 hours away from any family. Well, ever since she went to college a couple years ago, she became the girl who cried wolf. She even got voted Miss Drama Queen in her sorority! My sister Serena and I had to let her know that that's not a compliment. Anyway, so she constantly calls with these outrageous stories! According to her she gets stalked like every weekend, she's been in car accidents, fires, hauntings, I can't tell you how many of her friends have died or OD'd on numerous things in front of her, her car has been broken into severals times, she's had near death experiences when her car has flipped off the freeway into a ravine, she's been to the hospital dozens of times, she's had tumors, she's been engaged about a hundred times, one of her "boyfriends" died in Iraq... are you catching on here??? I am not exagerating whatsoever. She has told me everything I just told you, all of these things have happened to her pretty much on a weekly, even daily basis. After a while I just started to roll my eyes at her stories and pretty much ignore her, because it's SO freakin old! Well, I had been dodging her calls for a couple days because she sent me a couple of her notorious text messages last weekend saying 1.) that her sorority house got broken into (for like the 8th time this semester), and 2.) That she hooked up with the hottest guy she's ever seen in her life (I'm sure they'll be engaged by the weekend). So, I started to feel bad that I had been dodging her calls so I called her last night. BIG mistake! She told me that she was home studying, but was supposed to be on a date with the hottest guy ever (not the same hottest guy ever from last weekend though), then she told me that as a fundraiser her sorority did an auction and she earned the most money. She said 3 guys got together and paid $125 for her, and that the next highest girl got $60. She was very proud and wondering what they were going to make her do. THEN, after the homework, date, and auction stories she proceeded to tell me how last weekend (the same weekend of the break-in at the house, and the hottest guy ever hook up) she said that she was too drunk to drive so some guy said he would take her home but he had to stop at his house real quick. So they get in his truck and off they go. Well, this guy lives on the outskirts of town so it took them a while, all of a sudden she doesn't know where they are anymore and he pulls off onto a dirt road. He tells her they're almost there, then he goes off-road and they're driving through the desert out in the middle of nowhere. When they're quite a way out from any civilization he stops the truck and turns it off. She said she demanded that he take her home to which he replies "Just give me 20 minutes!" and started groping her. She said it took a while but she finally fought him off and he got really angry, yelled at her and started the truck back up to take her home. He dropped her off, asked if they can hook up sometime, she tells him "Fuck you." and he leaves. End of story. After she tells me all of this, she is silent and waiting for my response. Well, she didn't get one. She didn't get on my nerves, she got all the way into my fucking bone marrow with this one. I was so pissed I swear I felt physically hot like my blood was boiling. I stayed completely silent and she says very impatiently "Well, don't you have anything to say about my story???" "No, Lynn, I sure don't." I must've sounded pretty snappy because she goes "Well! Someone's in a bad mood!" Ok, I know that she's the baby of the family so she wants a lot of attention. But why the FUCK does she have to make up these stories??? This story really threw me over the edge though, the others I could handle but not this one. If I could've choked her through the phone I definitely would have. There are some things that she can cry wolf about and I'll over look, but not that. I don't know what her malfunction is that actually made her think that that was ok. But it's SO far from ok, I just want to punch her. The reasons I know this is a lie are #1 it was the 4th story she told me in our phone conversation. You'd think a terrifying experience like that would take precedence over homework, a date, or an auction. #2 she was totally relaxed when she told me all of this, her tone of voice was like she was telling me about a new shirt she just bought, she wasn't shaken up, scared, angry, sad, embarrassed... just totally normal. #3 She waited until 4 days later to tell me this story (when I called her), when she sent me text messages about her hot hook up and the break in at the house during the actual weekend. You'd think something like that would make the text message breaking news. #4 She let herself be auctioned off to 3 frat boys the next day (or so she says)!!! Personally, I don't think I'd auction myself off to frat boys I've never met the day after I got nearly date raped in the middle of the desert, by a frat boy. I talked to Serena about it today and she absolutely agreed with me that Lynn is full of shit with all her stories. We all know she is, but I have no idea what to do. She wants attention, but what she doesn't realize is that she has plenty of truthful things about her life that she can tell us and she would get a ton of positive attention, like her grades, her classes, true stuff about her sorority, friends, fun things she does. Why does she think she has to make up these horrible stories???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home