Saturday, January 08, 2005

Time for some whine

I'm going to bitch and whine in this post, if you dont want to hear it, dont read it.

So, today was day number 3 that I've been sick in bed all day. This isn't one of those "don't want to do anything so I'll fake sick" things, I'm actually very sick with a really bad cold that's just kicking my ass. I'm pretty annoying when I'm sick in the first place, but when I'm sick and bored... look out. I don't have cable or even basic cable in my room, so all I can watch are DVDs, and I've watched everything I have. I have a Gameboy but the only game I have is Tetris, and I'm over it. I'm in the middle of the book Forever Amber, but can't find it. With that said, obviously I'm fucking bored! This is one of those colds where you just feel miserable in every way, and sleep is one of those things you've heard about, but there's no chance you're getting any. So I lie in bed all day and night tossing and turning, no appetite, nothing to do, and feel like shit. I'm sure you're asking yourself, "why don't you move to the couch and watch TV?" I'll tell you why. My brother has made it very clear he doesn't want me out of that room for fear he'll get sick. I would somewhat understand this fucked up request if he had a job he has to report to every day, but he's a work from home sales guy. He never leaves! So, for the last 72 hours that we've been under the same roof, I've seen him three times. Who cares? you ask? I do. It's not like I want to spend quality time with him, but in the last 72 hours he hasn't peeked his head in my room once to say "How are you? Can I get you anything? Are you hungry? Thirsty? Want some Nyquil?" Nothing. My brother Paul called me last night and as soon as he heard that I was sick, he asked what he could do for me, or bring me. So I asked him for some Orange Juice. He was here with a gallon within a half hour. Now that's a good brother. I came out to get some while he was here, and Jeff goes "What are you doing? Get away from me. I swear to god if I get sick I'll fuckin kill you." Hmmm. Thanks bro. You fuck! So, that was one of the 3 times I've seen him. Another was when he came home tonight and I was walking to the bathroom to get some Nyquil and he says "Why is Jake (the dog) in his crate? You're up and you didn't let him out??? Jesus Christ!" Nevermind the fact he was in his crate because they decided to go out to dinner, if it mattered that much, they shouldn't have gone! And for time #3 that I've seen my lovely brother was the day before yesterday, my first day sick in bed. He called me (knowing I'm sicker than shit) and says that he had to drop my sister in law's car off to be worked on and needs a ride, so I need to get up, and take Jake with me to pick up my brother, then take both of them to the Vet because poor little Jakey's eyes have been red for a couple days so he needs to go to the Doctor. Hmmm. Ok, so, I am sick and have a temperature of 102.5, but I need to get out of bed, take the stupid ass dog out in the rain, pick up my brother and take them to the vet so the dog can get eye ointment for his red eyes (which the Vet said was allergies. Poor Jake.) And still, never once did I even get a "How are you feeling?" from my bastard ass brother, or his wife for that matter. Fuck em both. I swear to god I'm going to shoot him in his ass with his new bb gun. How hard is it to be nice to someone when they're sick? You know they already feel like crap, is it that fuckin difficult to hold off on being a dick for a few days until they're better? There's nothing worse than being sick, and being treated like shit at the same time. I'm going back to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home