Thursday, May 19, 2005

Probation period

I talk to my best friend at least once a week. We'll call her Phoenix, for obvious reasons. Although, she's moving to Chicago in August, so it won't be a fitting name for long. Anyway, we've been best friends since we were 7, and we tell eachother everything. So, she was telling me about this new guy she's seeing, and how they had sex on Friday night but that it was horrible, and she thinks they need to have sex a few more times so she can see if he's really bad or if it was bad because it was that "awkward first time". We were laughing pretty hard about that. Then she asked what I've been up to this week and I told her about Mama's Boy and everything that happened with him. She definitely wasn't surprised. I told her that I don't know what to do about him, and she suggested I give him another chance, but put him on a probation period. So, for like the next 2-3 months I'll date him but not put my whole heart into it. I'll leave somewhat of a wall up until I know if he's really changed, or if he's full of shit and still the same guy that gave me the most unstable 2 years of my life. I actually think that's a very good idea, this probation period thing. I'll give him another chance, but with my guard up so I don't get hurt. If over the next few months I realize he's still the same jackass, I will not have gotten hurt, or lost anything, but I'll finally get closure to this 5 year mess. Now, on the other hand, if he has changed, and he truly is the man he says he's become, then that's great. I guess we'll see. In the meantime, I'm definitely keeping my other options open ; )

2 Comments:

At 8:40 PM , Blogger Clark K. said...

I might suggest that during this probationary period that you withhold some of the more physical aspects of your relationship. Otherwise he might do or say things just to keep that going. If he really has changed and wants to prove it, he shouldn't have a problem with that.

 
At 5:46 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now THAT'S a good idea!
Elizabeth..you may want to take The Man's advice on this one. It's a sure way to tell if the guy has his heart in the right place.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home