Thursday, August 25, 2005

Round two, bitches!

That's right... I'm ready for round two. This round may not be as exciting as round one, but I have shit to say dammit. haha! At least I think I do. I mean c'mon, I always have something to say. Actually on a serious note, I've been thinking so much about something horrible that happened here recently. This guy who is bipolar and schizophrenic shot and killed 5 people here on August 18th. Two of them were police officers who had both retired, and came out of retirement to be cops again, there was also a 17 year old kid, a 22 year old father of a 2 week old baby, and a 54 year old man father of 3 sons, one who had to come home from Iraq for his dad's funeral. I won't go into details about what happened, you can read the articles if you want, but man... for some reason, i can't get over it. I didn't know any of these 5 men personally, but I still can't stop thinking about all of them. The 2 cops were just doing their job, they're both husbands and fathers, respectable men that were out putting their lives on the line to protect us. The 17 year old kid didn't even have a chance to live yet, he was just working at a motorcycle shop doing something he loved and died doing it. Same with the 22 year old, innocently working at a motorcycle shop to support his wife and new baby. And the 54 year old man, worked for the Department of Transportation, again, just trying to provide for his family. Five innocent, hard working men died for no reason. No reason at all. It makes me sick. It's amazing how much this city has come together for their families though. They all had funerals this week and each their funerals had well over 2,000 people in attendance. The processions took over 45 minutes to pass and they drove throughout the city with hundreds more people on the streets saluting and waving them by. All the flags were at half staff, and everyone drove with their headlights on all week. It truly breaks my heart. Michael King, Richard Smith, David Fisher, Garrett Iversen, and Ben Lopez may you all rest in peace.

1 Comments:

At 4:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

C'mon! Keep it going now!!
We're waiting!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home